What a wonderful weekend!
It was wildly beautiful here this Saturday and Sunday...and this is coming from a girl who much prefers 50-degree-Fall-ishness. I had just commented to Josiah the other day that in between Winter and Summer, it's difficult for me to get inspired about dinners and things. I think it's because the choices aren't obvious. If it's Winter, you make a soup or stew or some cozy thing...if its Summer, the weather calls for pasta, salads, avacado (as if I don't consume plenty of those 52 weeks a year!). But we had two nice, warm, easy days and two Spring-y/Summer-y dinners.
-Bagels + Iced tea/coffee
-Park...dozing, reading aloud, enormous lemonades
-Big salads for dinner (which are, quite literally, just big salads with lots of good stuff on them)
-Drawing at night
- Pick up friends from airport
- Grab picnic food and take it to...
- Park, again! Hours of drawing, bird-watching, and cherries. And more lemonade!
- Work at home in the evening
- Make off-the-cuff "white lasagne" for dinner with basil, tomatoes, chicken...85% smashing success, will futher perfect and share
- Drawing and movie-watching at night
Any weekend in which we end up on a quilt at the park two days in a row is a total success in my book. Worthy of celebrating with crazy-expensive cherries...I always try to resist, but they totally got me yesterday.
Happy Monday to you!