My friend sent me this photo of the little girl & Beistle skeleton last week (image source here) and it made me happy because I took home the very same skeleton from the antique store the other day. He's hanging on the door & recently starred in some costumed snapshots (see below.)
- Remind yourself that _the candy is for the children_. Repeat mantra as needed.
- Look! Heidi recently toured Beistle HQ (how amazing) and posted tons of photos here & here about her adventure. I don't know many people who love Halloween decorations as much as she does, so I can't think of a more perfect person for such an neat field trip!
- My Favorite Scary Movies - I've already sprung a screening of Spider Baby on some unsuspecting visitors this year.
- In theaters, both recent movies from the emerging genre: Little Boys & Restless Ghosts (Paranorman & Frankenweenie) are both so good in their own ways. If you haven't seen either, or both, no better time than the present.
- Watch the video of these two little guys doing Seinfeld's Halloween story
- Listen to this excellent mix of 30+ obscure, spooky songs from the 50's & 60's. I've made a good mix or two myself, but this puts me to shame.
- Make (more) pumpkin muffins (these look good) 'cause you already ate all the ones you made with the good old Trader Joe's mix. With peanut-butter. For breakfast. Ahem.
- Faint over these adorable bebes in costume (the tiny Scissorhands nearly broke me.)
On that note, I'm thinking about all the little boys & ghouls on the East Coast & hope that they (and their grown-up counterparts) are somewhere safe & warm & dry.