I wish it was due to some kind of Rip Van Winkle-ish, hazy Summer's end reason, but it's really because every bit of my thought and energy has been going into the picture book I'm working on. I wish I could share it - the hardest part of book-making is how solitary it can be. I'm all wrapped up in it and it's all I can do to think of anything else - this happens every time! Besides, my plans are ambitious, the original paintings are big, my art deadline is creeping closer, and this all makes for a very Tim Gunn, "Make It Work" moment in my neck of the woods.
Even in single-minded worker bee mode, there are simple things that come along and keep me happy. I try to recognize these little things and be grateful for them.
- Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Juice, which feature my favorite drink label ever.
- Unkempt stems of wildflowers in bottles from a shabby late-Summer garden
- Pining after sweet dotted blouses
- All the Fall clothes tumbling in, coats and soft woolens and tweeds
- The light on walks just before the night falls, all brilliant gold
- Listening to favorite Knitters songs
- Watching Season Two of Boardwalk Empire with Josiah (ieee! We just finished it!)
What little things are currently brightening up your day-to-day?
I don't like being this quiet, so I'm going to try my best not to vanish this completely again any time soon. Besides, my favorite time of year is waiting just around the corner!
Expect more peeps soon!