A little list of things that have struck my fancy in the past few weeks:
- Beautiful Australian children's style magazine Papier Mache - similar to Milk, but blessedly with English text so I can read it and not just look at the pretty pictures. It's unbelievably beautiful, and I was happy to spy Misako Mimoko and some other favorites peppering the pages.
- Black Books on Netflix instant. This British series from the early 2000's is silly and (I think) wonderful. It might not be everyone's cup of tea (or swig of wine) but cantankerous bookseller Bernard Black, marry me please. I'm forlorn to be out of episodes.
- A magic beauty potion. This was spritzed on my friend's pretty face by a Sephora lady on our last visit. We couldn't get our mitts on our own personal bottles quick enough. It sets your makeup and just feels very lovely. It might be a placebo, but what a nice placebo it is.
- Le Petit Ecolier chocolate cookies. I found them at our supermarket and one or two is so nice for dessert or with tea.
- The Tattooed Lady: A History - I had been wanting this badly for a while, and I finally took it home from Powell's a few weeks back. It is exactly as it sounds and as specialized as it is wonderful.
- Lynch Creek Dahlias (for the flower ladies.) Located only a little while away in Washington, this family farm's website has tons of beautiful Dahlias - from the small pom-pom kind to the dinnerplate variety. I'm awaiting about a half-dozen different kinds...I'm so excited to have some late-Summer/Fall flowers this year.
If that isn't a motley list, I don't know what is - but a true portrayal of the things I get excited about from day to day.
I've got a few new paintings I've been working on to share soon. In the meantime, we have oddball lists!