All last week, we were on little jaunt through our home back South. We hit, in order, Georgia, South Carolina, Georgia again, Tennessee, and then headed back to end our trip in Georgia, like a couple o' native peaches.
I didn't take a ton of photos, and my camera did fall in the ocean once, so here's a rather random few!
- The dogwoods, which were unbelievable every single place we went! It made all our driving much nicer...all those white and pink blooms are good company.
- My mama's garden in its Spring glory, and the fact that she will patiently walk me through dozens of plants while I hop around saying "What's that one? And whats that one?!"
- Laughing uncontrollably with one of my best college pals
- Chinese dinner with my sweet family & Chattanooga cupcakes with Josiah's
- Little kids dancing to bad wedding music
- Watching old movies in a house full of comics and old toys (one of my favorite places on earth, 'cause it also contains two of my favorite people on earth)
- A morning at my old favorite junk shops in Athens
- An afternoon at the river with my two river rats...photos of that to come!
- Hunting for treasures in & around Nashville:
With so many people I love there and the beautiful, mild Spring weather, it was a little hard to leave. But then the humidity kicked in and suddenly it was in the 80's, which helped me tear myself away!
Being away from it for a few years now, I really do love visiting the South.