Sometimes, I find that my mind (and bookmarks) have accumulated a lot of neat things from the internets in a fairly short period of time. And then I feel like it's silly to keep them all to myself, so here are some things that have tickled my fancy in the last month or two:
- The fiendishly lovely frocks n' old things blog, The Snail and The Cyclops.
- This card is undoubtedly my favorite from this post of beautiful, delicate old calling cards.
- The dolls of Misako Mimoko! Be still my heart. It's all about the shaky, embroidered old-timey eyes.
And, I just saw that she has an adorable little embroidery pattern up as a gift for anybody with a needle and an appreciation for tea-kettle-headed things.
- The American Archives, especially things with lots of pictures, like children's books and natural history books. The Bird Book (depicted above) is pretty enrapturing alone, and the vast resource the archives already is (let alone what they're building toward) is a thing of beauty.
- Also! And this is not from the internet at all, but from real life...Ashley gave me an amazing little deer yesterday (you might've seen it on this post). She is so generous and such a great friend to have.
And I think she was just tired of me staring at it longingly.